Blog Archive

Friday 8 August 2014

What Dakota has so far relieved about her reaction and thoughts on FSOG

[On getting the part]
     They said 'You got the offer' and I couldn't speak. I was just so relieved. I was crying and crying. Water was literally squirting out of my eyes because I had been so stressed out. And there's this giant Doberman Pincher laying on the bed next to me. And he just slowly fell asleep. It was so special and [this dog] didn't give a fuck about me and what I was going through.

[on Fifty Shades of Grey] I just really understand it. I think it's an incredible love story and that's why it's affected so many people. Erica (EL James) did a really good job of explaining how that just can happen sometimes and you have this chemical pull to someone. Adding in the sex makes it perfect. Sometimes you feel a little bit naughty and that's okay.
    [reading Fifty Shades of Grey] Reading the book, I found myself more interested in the ways they were breaking each other down emotionally than the sex scenes. I think there's a part of a woman that wants to be the thing that breaks a man down.
      [on preparing to be Anastasia Steele] It's a lot of getting into the character's head, Ana's headspace, kind of before she meets Christian. So it's a lot of reading, which I love, but she's an English major, so that's kind of boring.